Glu Games is a publisher of mobile games for smartphone and tablet devices. Founded in San Francisco in 2001, Glu Mobile has since taken up office in more than 4 countries. Glu Mobile offers products to multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Amazon Windows Phone and Google Chrome
In 2005, San Mateo-based Sorrent and London based Macrospace merged to become Glu Mobile. Earlier that same year, Greg Ballard replaced Sorrent founder Scott Orr as CEO. In 2006 Glu Mobile acquired iFone and in 2007 it acquired Chinese mobile game producer Beijing Zhangzhong MIG Information Technology Co. Ltd. ("MIG"). In March 2008 Glu Mobile acquired San Clemente-based mobile developer Superscape.
In January 2010, Niccolo de Masi joined Glu Mobile as the President and CEO. Mr. de Masi was previously CEO at Hands-On Mobile. Since Niccolo's arrival, Glu has transitioned to a freemium business model focused around Glu's original IP.
Glu came under fire online after removing "Glyder", "Glyder2", and "Beat it" from the iTunes App Store after problems arose with the introduction of Apple's iOS4 update in 2010, leaving those who had purchased these games with broken and unplayable versions. Some users discussing the company decision in a forum claim to have been told by Glu that there were no plans to update the games in question.
Many consumers have accused Glu of knowingly allowing an unplayable game that had been earmarked for removal from the iTunes App Store to remain on sale at heavily discounted prices.
- Guitar Hero 5
- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
- Alpha Wing 2
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Force Recon (based on Modern Warfare 2)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Mobile
- Lil Kingdom
- Cannons Tournament
- The Chaos Engine
- Contract Killer
- Contract Killer: Zombies
- Contract Killer 2
- Contract Killer: Sniper
- Contract Killer: Zombies 2
- Deer Hunter 2014
- Dino Hunter: Deadly Shores
- And much more.
- Glu has a terrible business grade of a F+ for not refunding purchases and not restoring accounts their grade can be found on the Better Business Burea site http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/glu-mobile-in-san-francisco-ca-325668