An assault rifle, or AR, is a select-fire weapon firing a mid-power rifle cartridge. Assault rifles have been a staple of the series, and have been in all games since its inception.
The first game where ARs are featured; each AR fires rather slowly when compared to those in reality.
- Assault Rifle (removed) - The weakest assault rifle in game, it is outclassed in every regard by most other assault rifles; but has a very distinct firing sound and excellent accuracy to go along with it.
- Tactical Assault Rifle (removed) - A unique assault rifle with the fact that it has a sniper rifle scope mounted on it; however, it is still rather weak.
- Heavy Assault Rifle - Also called "The Beast", this rifle sports a brownish color and is an improved version of the assault rifle.
- Bison Rifle - The only semi-automatic rifle in game, the Bison Rifle has the biggest mag size of all the assault rifles.
- Improved Assault Rifle (removed) - Named "The Stinger", the Improved Assault Rifle is the most powerful rifle in game, sporting a unique camo pattern.
- AK-47 (unusable) - A classic gun with a recognizeable look, the AK-47 is a NPC-only gun, which fires a powerful bullet.
The second game where the ARs appear. Each rifle now sports new animations, and the rifle is charged upon being drawn.
- C16 Auto - A moderately powerful assault rifle, the C16 combines the power of the K7 Yugoslavian with the fire rate of an AR-19 Basic.
- AR-19 Basic - The AR-19 is the weakest rifle in game, and looks battered due to the scuff marks seen on various parts of the rifle.
- The Dominator - The most powerful assault rifle in game, the Dominator fires a powerful cartridge which hits an enemy hard, and has good gibbing potential.
- K7 Yugoslavian - One of the more expensive weapons in the game, the K7 is a decent assault rifle, with a brown paintjob and a decently sized magazine.
The third game where ARs appear. The guns are now shot in both first and third person views.
- DK-516 Carbine - The weakest assault rifle in game, the DK-516 serves as a good starter weapon, but is outclassed later on.
- Demon-H1 - An overpowered assault rifle that has a deep mag size, high damage, and excellent accuracy.
- AKR 2000 - What seems to be an AK-47 with a stock from a Bison Rifle, this rifle is powerful and is a good choice for many.
- Viper X72 - The only assault rifle with a drum magazine, this rifle is a weaker version of the Demon.
- Venom ECD - A homage to the Nanotech series of guns in Contract Killer, the Venom shoots out laser rounds with a good rate of fire.
The fourth game where the ARs appear. Each AR now is in third person view only.
- AR-19 Basic - The same as with the prequel, the AR-19 is still the weakest assault rifle in game.
- K7 Yugoslavian - Same as with the prequel, the K7 is still the second weakest assault rifle in game.
- C16 Auto - Same as with the prequel, the C16 has gone through a major design overhaul; it is still the second most powerful assault rifle.
- Dominator - Similar to the original weapon in the prequel, the Dominator probably went through the biggest design overhaul of any gun in the game; it still retains its trump card of being the most powerful assault rifle in game.
The fifth game which the ARs are in, all ARs now have better ADS animations and recoil animations.
- Commando XM-7 - The weakest assault rifle in game, but a good weapon for starting levels.
- Commando Elite (removed) - A beefed-up version of the Commando with a different color, deeper mag, and higher damage.
- Raptor MAR-21 - The second bullpup weapon in the series, the MAR-21 is a decent weapon, with a good rate of fire and power to match.
- Raptor Elite - A beefed-up version of the Raptor with a unique camo, deeper mag and higher damage.
- Sabertooth (removed) - A re-skinned promotional version of the Raptor Elite; it performs the same as with the former weapon.
- Tyrant (removed) - A beefed-up version of the Sabertooth with deeper mag, unique camo pattern and higher damage.
- Viper X-72 - The same weapon as with Contract Killer 2, the Viper has gone through a huge design overhaul, and is one of the more powerful rifles out there.
- Viper Elite - A beefed-up version of the Viper with a deeper mag, higher damage, unique camo pattern and the addition of fast reloads.
- Cobra (removed) - A re-skinned promotional version of the Viper Elite; it performs the same as the latter.
- Kraken AK-200 - A high-powered assault rifle, with high damage rounds, unlocked at a high level.
- Kraken Elite - A more powerful version of the Kraken with higher damage, deeper mag and unique lightning design.
- Hydra (removed) - A beefed-up version of the Kraken Elite featuring faster reloads, deeper mag and higher damage.
- Comrade (removed) - A coloured version of the Hydra, it performs the same as the latter.
- Demon H17 - An assault rifle that packs an extreme devastating blow, the demon is capable and forcible.
- Demon Elite (removed) A beefed-up version of the Demon with a deeper mag, higher damage, unique camo pattern and the addition of fast reloads.
- Incubus (removed) - The brother gun of the Succubus, this rifle is a powerful weapon with undeniable force.
- Succubus (removed) - Sister gun to the Incubus, this rifle is more powerful than its sibling and sports a flame camo pattern.
- Wreath Wrecker (removed) - An extremely powerful assault rifle, this rifle is a beefed-up Succubus with Christmas lights adorning it.
- Mantis- An assault rifle which is exceptionally powerful and damaging, this rifle has no major flaw.
- Mantis Elite- TBD